Friday, March 25, 2011

The Road Less Traveled


The road forks

in front of us,

moment by moment.

Choice in the split second

between thought

and words or action.


Do I choose

the old,

the familiar?

Or do I choose

to say my inconveninet truth,

not valued or appreciated?


I choose the fork,

so at odds with

my mother’s pattern:

It has to look good

outside, to others.


I choose

my center of gravity.

No I’m not the one

to do that.

No, that’s a problem

in practice.


Then I feel others

are upset with me

for my new boundaries.

Yet, when I ask

no one is upset,

but me.

It’s all my projection.


New paths.

It’s so expensive,

not to take them,..

but to continue on the

the old paths of

having to look good

on the surface

even if only

half baked inside.


I do stand:

taller and straighter,

taller and truer

in my truth

as I take the light fork,

the road less traveled.


Lizette Estelle Stiehr

March 25, 2011

1 comment: