Sunday, March 27, 2011

I SCRUB THE POT 2


I so dedicated this lifetime

to scrubbing the pot.


I came in with

so much energy,

and so much reside.


I could always

walk or run outside,

or

stand in my mulberry tree

and pour out the old water.


Each night

the pot/chalice/grail

would re-fill

with clean new water.


And during the day

I’d find a new place to scrub.


As I scrub the many places.

my Virgo-ness judged,

“I should have stood my ground”,

the water in the pot blackened.


And meditation

once again

empties the pot.

Less residue now.

Yet again and again.


Lizette Estelle Stiehr

July 2, 2010


1 comment:

  1. meditation once again empties the pot...how true and fitting the purpose of our meditations..and how thankful I am when I come across an empty pot...Thanks for the reminder and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete