Friday, March 18, 2011

ABED


The gray silence

is only broken

by the furnace blower.


I lie in the richest purple cocoon

of body warmth.

6 inches of down quilts

cover me.


The balcony door open.

White hot cold

filling the room: a freezer.


The warm purple cocoon,

in the white cold room

in the blue house.


Home a scaffolding

of blue protection.

Filled with prayers.

“May the lessons be gentle

and the joy be great”

Full of my listening

rainbow meditations

welcoming in the love

that is neither given nor taken,

but discovered and allowed.


The deep red love

seen and felt

with the eye

through which

I see Creator.

The same eye

through which Creator

sees me.


What joy

and comfort.


Lizette Estelle Stiehr

March 13, 2011

Abed, not knowing yet time had leapt forward

and I’d lost an hour during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment