Wednesday, March 23, 2011

THE DEAFENING SILENCE OF LETTING GO


The silence

of letting go

is deafeningly loud.


My mother heart

bursting with pride

and love.


My words,

my advice,

no longer of value

in your world.


Your generation,

of germs and AIDS

of knowledge from a lit screen

tapped from keys.


And I so admire your

timeless unfolding

of your children.


I love you

with a breath and depth

that quivers beyond

understanding.


I stand,

letting you unfold freely

in a silence

that is blisteringly loud,

in my own ears.


Lizette Estelle Stiehr

March 18, 2011

Dedicated to Kim Shaw and

all grandmothers everywhere

and our sharing the letting go silently/loudly

2 comments:

  1. a silence that is blistering loud...I love that! I am in the process of letting go too! I wish I could hear what the silence is saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So difficult to stand by and watch, yet we must. And, with time we become more and more invisible, to Them, and to the rest of the world? A thought...

    ReplyDelete