Monday, September 19, 2011

Wind Horse


I sit far forward on my wind horse,

a combination of Pegasus and unicorn,

known in Lemurian times as a symbol of

spiritual mastery.


I feel the ribbed flying muscles

Contract and release powerfully.


I lean forward,

my head against her neck.

The wind rushes by,

stars twinkling near and far.


I just feel.

It doesn’t matter where

we’re going to…

only the journey itself.

Through the dark,

lit by countless candle stars.


The wind horse is

collectively the symbol for Sagittarius.

The centaur, a male archer,

morphing into the unicorn,

the gentle mythical horse only

seen by the pure of heart.


Sagittarius wanting to aim

for our highest truth.

Once a warrior hunting,

now gently seeking through

our inner female heart.


My search for spiritual mastery

has evolved from ruthlessly aiming my arrows

for “the” truth, regardless of who’s in

the target range,

to gently accepting and discovering

the truths about me:

both light and dark.

seeking the unicorn through love of self.


Lizette Estelle Stiehr

May 23, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment