Monday, June 14, 2010

DADDY


Pictures of us

slide effortlessly

across time.


Me learning to dance

standing on your shoes.

Identifying winter trees

by their shape.

Being the Sunday morning

greeters together at Church.

Fast forward to

needing two men to help you

enter that last canoe ride

out to the basking turtles.


And all across the line

I feel your love and pride

in and for your own life.

Your joy playing guitar and singing

at our numerous camping fires.

Your joy in Great Books and ideas.


Your LEOness loved and accepted you

knowing others would, of course.

Effortlessly changing tables

“So what are you talking about here?”

Knowing you’d be included and loved.


So was I loved by you.

And your love saw me through.

Never a word of criticism at the divorce.

Just love.


The gifts you gave me

this life time were/are immeasurable.

Your light shines down on me

And I shine back.

I love you too, Daddy.


Happy Father's Day 2010

From Lizette Estelle Burns


--

No comments:

Post a Comment